Within a couple of weeks, the holiday season will be in full swing. If you’re planning on hosting parties and dinners, you’ll be cleaning your home beforehand.
This year, instead of reaching for a toxic spray for a quick clean, use products that won’t hurt you, your family, and your guests. Throughout the next two weeks I’ll highlight dangerous products that are typically used, along with homemade alternatives – and I’ll share what I use in my own home.
Interested in the two week series? Check out:
- How to Safely Dust Your Home
- How to Safely Wash Your Windows
- How to Safely Clean Hard Surfaces
- How to Safely Clean Bathrooms
- How to Safely Clean Your Refrigerator
- How to Safely Clean Microwave Ovens
- How to Safely Clean Your Oven
- How to Safely Clean Your Kitchen Sink
- How to Safely Clean Floors
Creating your cleaning concoctions
If you’re looking for frugal and safe ways to clean, you’ll want to try to make your own cleaning products. Stock up on:
- Baking soda
- Castile soap
- Essential oils
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Washing soda
- White vinegar
I’ve gathered and attempted recipes over the past six years, and I’ll share my most effective ones, starting tomorrow.
However, it’s worth noting that over the past half year I’ve stopped making my own cleaning concoctions and use Norwex products to quickly clean my entire home. No muss, no fuss. (Or, as my young daughter loves to say, “Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.”) I love the simplicity and speed – I’ll gladly let you know what I use.
What are some of your favorite safe cleaning methods?
Latest posts by Hilary Kimes Bernstein (see all)
- The Day I Realized Healthy Choices Don’t Guarantee Health - July 21, 2015
- Avoid Synthetic Bug Sprays with All-Natural Repellents - July 16, 2015
- The Day I Learned I Could Cook Real Food - July 13, 2015