Happy Earth Day! I hope you’re able to celebrate the day by making some green differences in your home and neighborhood!
As I consider how to best encourage you to make a difference in the health of the world and how to best help the environment, one obvious but simple tip popped into my mind.
Today on Earth Day and on any other day of the year, the best way you can help the environment is to simply be mindful.
- Think about the decisions you’re making.
- Think about the products you’re using.
- Think about what you’re disposing – and how you’re disposing of it.
- Think about what you’re consuming.
- Think about what’s inside your home and what’s right outside your door.
- Think about what you’re eating and drinking.
- Think about what you’re putting on your body, on your belongings, and on the ground and plants outside.
Once you start thinking, you become more mindful of your daily decisions. And once you’re being mindful and really thinking through the choices you’re making, you can make a huge difference in your life and the lives of others.
You’ll need some – maybe a lot of – self-control to make wise choices. But self-control’s a fantastic gift to cultivate. And so is mindful living.
Latest posts by Hilary Kimes Bernstein (see all)
- The Day I Realized Healthy Choices Don’t Guarantee Health - July 21, 2015
- Avoid Synthetic Bug Sprays with All-Natural Repellents - July 16, 2015
- The Day I Learned I Could Cook Real Food - July 13, 2015
Leave a Reply