As I’ve shared before, being thoughtful about the way we live revolves around being a good steward of God’s blessings. Do you have the gift of health? Take care of it by making healthy choices. Do you have the gift of a family? Care for their lives by nourishing them with healthy food and product choices. (Here’s a blatant hint: Using dozens of toxic products both on your body and in your home is not nourishing. And using them will not benefit your health – or the health of your loved ones.)
We’ve all been blessed with the gift of this amazing Earth. Help take care of it responsibly instead of abusing it or only taking without ever giving back. If you need some clues in how to begin, you could start:
1. Eliminating the use of harmful herbicides and pesticides.
4. Being frugal with your use of electricity, gas, and water.
5. Helping conserve plants, animals and their natural habitats – instead of wiping them out for the sake of cookie cutter strip malls and housing developments.
6. Reusing your belongings – and donating them once you’re finished using them instead of throwing them in the trash.
What have been some simple ways you’ve become a more responsible steward of the Earth? What have been some difficult ways?
Latest posts by Hilary Kimes Bernstein (see all)
- The Day I Realized Healthy Choices Don’t Guarantee Health - July 21, 2015
- Avoid Synthetic Bug Sprays with All-Natural Repellents - July 16, 2015
- The Day I Learned I Could Cook Real Food - July 13, 2015