Woo hoo! This is Accidentally Green’s 1,000th post!
Looking for safe deodorant options?
In a recent poll on Accidentally Green’s Facebook page, fans had plenty of suggestions:
- Carrie chooses Norwex Crystal Deodorant.
- Valerie uses Wright Family Products’ organic deodorant.
- Amy prefers NYR Organic’s Lemon and Coriander Deodorant.
- Staci, Chrissy and Rachel like Funk Fighter by Pure Pursuit.
- Bronwyn prefers lavanila.
- Corinne, Kristin, April and Lyndsi love Ava Anderson Nontoxic.
- Tina chooses Tom’s of Maine.
- Andrea recommends Arbonne’s pure mint deodorant.
- Melissa loves Honeybee Holistics’ Organic Extra Strength Deodorant.
- Brittanie, Julie, Jordan, Tiffiney and Devon use Primal Pit Paste.
- Kristen and Renee prefer Young Living’s Mountain Mint.
- Lori likes Tropical Traditions Frankincense Roll-on .
- Chrissy chooses Eco Tan.
- Dayna uses Herban Cowboy.
- Amber prefers Real Purity.
- Amy likes Lemongrass Spa Products – particularly their roll-on deodorant.
- Sam chooses the sensitive formula from Oh Lardy!
- Charissa likes NOW.
- Kim prefers magnesium oil spray.
- Denna loves Awsome.
Many readers choose to make their own deodorant.
- Jamie makes deodorant with 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 3 tablespoons of tapioca starch, and 5 drops of orange essential oil. (If you have sensitive skin, you can decrease the baking soda a bit, or even leave it out. Also, if you have issues with yeast rashes in your armpits, add several drops of tea tree oil to get rid of any bacterial infections.) Mix well and store in an airtight container.
- In a similar recipe, Amber creates an orange creamsicle deodorant with baking soda, cornstarch, coconut oil and sweet orange essential oil.
- Sara whips up a deodorant with baking soda, coconut oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E, aloe, cornstarch and essential oils.
What is your favorite safe deodorant?
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase a product through certain links in this post, Accidentally Green will receive a commission. Thank you!
Latest posts by Hilary Kimes Bernstein (see all)
- The Day I Realized Healthy Choices Don’t Guarantee Health - July 21, 2015
- Avoid Synthetic Bug Sprays with All-Natural Repellents - July 16, 2015
- The Day I Learned I Could Cook Real Food - July 13, 2015